Top 10 Reasons to Write a Book
- Instant Credibility: You are not just “Jay Conrad Levinson”, but “Author Jay Conrad Levinson.”
- Opens Most Doors: Whether it’s during the writing process (many folks want to be included in a book) or afterwards, the name “Author” carries weight.
- The Media Wants to Hear From an Expert: Easy to put your evangelist in front of the press.
- Leads Come to You: If you write a good book, it will be passed around and leads will seek you out.
- Asked to Speak at Conferences: The author is the one that is asked to speak at conferences and events.
- Prospects Ask for Your Brochure and Actively Share it With Others: When else would you hear someone say, can I please have your brochure, I’ll even pay you for it.
- Major Retailers Advertise Your Products and Services: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other major retailers give you 3rd party credibility.
- It’s Not About How Many Sell: Who cares how many copies sell if you can place your book in the hands of your prospects and they buy your products and services?
- Great Gift: What a great way to meet people, place a gift in conference gift bags, send as a present to both your existing customers and new prospects.
- Ghost/Collaboratively Written: You can have someone else write it for you or you can ask a bunch of experts to share their stories (e.g. “42 Rules for Driving Success with Books”) which adds credibility while building key relationships.
About the Author: Mitchell Levy is CEO and Author at Happy About where corporations can create their own branded set of books. He’s helped thousands of individuals succeed in business and he and his team will spend the time and effort necessary to make sure that you succeed. He is author of 11 business books, the latest is “42 Rules for Driving Success with Books” which is available at Amazon, Happy About and fine books stores everywhere.