How Female Leaders Can Take Charge of Their Own Careers: 5 Ahas from Melissa Lamson
This week’s five Ahas are from the AhaBook™, #WomenAdvance.
Women are good at building relationships and leading with compassion; men are more focused in their communication style and can let criticism roll off them. These aren’t just stereotypes, but qualities that companies can profit from to create innovation and meet the demands of today’s diverse marketplace.
In this social media enabled eBook, Melissa provided insights, tips, and tools to support women in their career growth and leadership goals. By being aware of external barriers, removing internal barriers, and learning how to handle complex situations with confidence, women will have more opportunity to rise to the top of any organization they choose.
A physical and eBook version is also available on the THiNKaha site, entitledMelissa Lamson on #WomenAdvance:http://www.thinkaha.com/books/women-advance/. It will also be available on Amazon soon!
In the meantime, share some of the AhaMessages below, and then read and share the entire book via the Aha Amplifier™:
- #Women are more likely to phrase requests or opinions as suggestions; men ask or tell more directly. @melissa_lamson1 #tll [click to tweet]
- In some cases, what #women think shows confidence, men see as exhibiting weakness (and vice versa). @melissa_lamson1 #tll [click to tweet]
- Remember that even high-achieving #women struggle with self-doubt. @melissa_lamson1 #tll [click to tweet]
- Being easy to work with is great; letting yourself be taken for granted is not. #setboundaries @melissa_lamson1 #tll [click to tweet]
- You can’t expect your team to admit #gender biases, but you can deal with them proactively. @melissa_lamson1 #tll [click to tweet]
#WomenAdvance is available via the Aha Amplifier. You can see all 140 Ahas and share one or more of them socially at #WomenAdvance. (Please note that you’ll need to create a free account to view and share the book.)
Check out the last set of Ahas | next set of Ahas
Aha! Amplify yourself by sharing high-quality content by getting your free account at the Aha Amplifier.
To stay informed of future posts, please follow Mitchell at: Linkedin
First posted on LinkedIn Pulse. Grab the link from Here