5 Ahas on Communities of Practice from Mike Hower, Michael Prevou, and Mitchell Levy
This week’s five Ahas are from the AhaBook™, Mike Hower, Michael Prevou, and Mitchell Levy on Communities of Practice. In their last several years of work in this path-breaking area, we have repeatedly been asked how to get a community defined, how to measure its value and how to keep a valuable community successful. This AhaBook is a direct result of such questioning; indeed the AhaMessages found inside this social media enabled eBook, demonstrates how communities of practice are the killer app of knowledge management.
This is a practical and implementable volume that provides vital tips for knowledge leaders, managers and facilitators who support these communities in such a way that they make a positive contribution to creating and sharing organizational knowledge – a contribution that engages people and leads to a competitive advantage in today’s business environment.
Share some of the AhaMessages below, and then read and share the entire book via the Aha Amplifier™:
- A community of practice connects people in vibrant conversation around relevant content in context. @mikeprevou #tll [click to tweet]
- Communities should be aligned to support the accomplishment of organizational goals and objectives. @howermj #tll [click to tweet]
- Always start by asking why the community exists and who the community will serve. Do this before you do anything else. @mikeprevou #tll [click to tweet]
- To improve community adoption, start by communicating individual value. Organizational value will come later. @howermj #tll [click to tweet]
- Don’t quit. Communities are hard. In the end, they are worth it for your org. @mikeprevou #tll [click to tweet]
Mike Hower, Michael Prevou, and Mitchell Levy on Communities of Practice is available via the Aha Amplifier. You can see all 140 Ahas and share one or more of them socially at Mike Hower, Michael Prevou, and Mitchell Levy on Communities of Practice. (Please note that you’ll need to create a free account to view and share the book.)
Check out the last set of Ahas | next set of Ahas
Aha! Amplify yourself by sharing high-quality content by getting your free account at the Aha Amplifier.
To stay informed of future posts, please follow Mitchell at: Linkedin
First posted on LinkedIn Pulse. Grab the link from Here